We started an art club in 2016 to fulfill a need in the homeschool community. Today we are a mobile art studio in the Acadiana area specializing in art classes/parties for kids up to 12 years of age. We are an L3C company which is formed to significantly further charitable or educational purposes in our community. So we offer low cost classes and parties and use those funds to offer free classes to those who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford them. Now we want to expand our reach to the kids of Acadiana by taking our art classes to the underprivileged. We will also be hosting birthday parties, homeschool art classes, special programs at daycare centers and more. Especially in today’s society, it is important to invest in the kids of our communities. Our mission statement is “sharing Jesus through the arts.” Our desire is to connect with kids, build relationships, and lead them to Jesus through the arts. We strive to help kids grow to love the Word of God so that they will be like the tree in Psalm 1:3 “That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither – whatever they do prospers.” Below is a full timeline of what we have done since 2016.
NOTE: We are NOT a fine arts studio. We focus on the process of art more than the product and we believe every one can be successful b/c “art doesn’t have to be perfect!”
- Fall 2016 – Started Homeschool Art Club on my back porch with 12 students.
- Spring 2017 – Homeschool Art Club on my back porch with 16 students.
- Summer 2017 – Hosted a summer art club for foster kids in the area with 8 students.
- Fall 2017 – Moved homeschool art club to my church and had 32 students.
- Spring 2018 – Homeschool art club with 30 students.
- Summer 2018 – First week long art camp with 50 students.
- Fall 2018 – Started limiting Homeschool art club to 20 students.
- Spring 2018 – Homeschool Art Club continued.
- Spring 2019 – Homeschool Art Club continued.
- Summer 2019 – Week long art camp with 50 students.
- Fall 2019 – Homeschool art club with 20 students.
- Winter 2019 – First winter session art club with 20 students.
- Spring 2020 – First time we had to cancel (due to COVID-19)
- June 2020 – Became an L3C company